There is currently one version of Coffalyser.Net in use, version v.140721.1958. The license for this version of Coffalyser.Net can easily be extended by following the procedure described below.
Procedure for license extension of v.140721.1958
- Start Coffalyser.Net.
- In the Coffalyser.Net Server Selection dialog, right-click on the server and select License. If Coffalyser.Net starts with the Login dialog instead, you can bring up the server selection dialog by clicking on the select button next to the server address.
- Click on the button Download (next to your license key).
- Click on the button Always to connect with the MRC-Holland server.
- Click on the button OK.
- Click on the button Install License.
The expiry date of your license should now be 2020-01-01. You can log in with your account credentials as usual.
Procedure for older versions
In the unlikely event that you have an older version of Coffalyser.Net (v.131211.1524 or v.140429.1057), you will need to update to the latest Coffalyser.Net version according to the procedures described in the installation manual. The new version can be downloaded from www.mlpa.com. The setup files and your license key can be found in your MyMLPA account. Note that you do not need to generate a new license key in order to extend your license. For more information see How can I update Coffalyser.Net to the latest available version?
You can find the version number of your Coffalyser.Net installation in the server selection dialog.
On 1 January 2018 all licenses for Coffalyser.Net v.140721.1958 will expire. The reason there is an expiry date is that we are continuously improving the software, and in this way we ensure that older versions of Coffalyser.Net are no longer used. Note that Coffalyser.Net is free and will remain free in the future.
Compared to the previous versions of Coffalyser.Net (v.131211.1524 and v.140429.1057), several changes have been made in v.140721.1958. These mainly concern bug fixes and minor graphical adjustments. No changes have been made to the algorithms used in ratio calculations.
All changes are listed below:
- Two size markers have been added (MRC550 and ROX-500).
- Ratio determination of the Y chromosome specific control fragment has been improved.
- Warning for insufficient number of reference samples has been added.
- The calculation and notation (including warnings) of mutation specific probes have been improved (see How does Coffalyser.Net show results from mutation specific probes?).
- Fragment profile has been added to the Edit Manual Bin Set menu.
- Keyboard shortcuts have been added (see Are there keyboard shortcuts I can use in the analysis?).
- Bug fixes in context menus.
- Bug fixes in ABI 3130XL CE device.
- Bug fixes in ABI 3500 CE device.